These 3 easy DIY all-natural bath and body gift sets are made with essential oils and all-natural ingredients. If you like making handmade gifts or use essential oils (or are thinking about using them) keep reading for how to make an all-natural beauty products gift set to give to loved ones (perfect for holiday gifts too!). Download the free printable labels below to create an easy handmade gift for the ladies in your life!
I’m sharing these recipes because I believe everyone should try using essential oils. I used to be one of those people that thought essential oils were a joke – I thought they were used to make things smell good and that’s about it – I didn’t know they had natural healing powers and benefits or would change the way I use many products going forward.
What changed my perspective about essential oils
My friend and Young Living essential oils rep, Devin, introduced me to essential oils earlier this year. I purchased a started kit, even though I was still a non-believer of the benefits, but I was curious if all the good things everyone says about them was true.
Until one month after investing in a starter kit, my littles got the dreaded 24-hour stomach bug.
My son started vomiting in the middle of the night and I emailed Devin (she is in a different time zone than me so she was still awake, thank goodness). She suggested the oils to diffuse and other oil remedies to try. I used the methods she suggested (and only those methods) and sure enough, my son stopped vomiting 4 hours later. He woke up the next morning energetic, like nothing happened!
But I was still skeptical…I know, I know. I still wondered if it was just a fluke. Then my daughter got sick a week later -while we were on vacation at that- but I was smart enough to bring my oils with me (using this handy little travel bag). I used the same methods I did for my son and sure enough, 4 hours after the vomiting started, she was better.
I. Was. Amazed.
Another way that I found essential oils to have amazing effects was by using an essential oils bug repellent. My daughter is a magnet for mosquitos – she always had this problem since birth – mosqitos just love to bite her so much and she always had a slight reaction to mosquito bites. Her skin would swell up and it would takes days for the swelling to go down.
In the past, we tried many different chemical bug sprays and the only chemical spray that worked was OFF! Deep Woods – which I hated using because it had 25% DEET (can you believe they make a spray with 40% DEET?). I cringed having to spray her with that stuff, loaded with harmful chemicals.
The essential oils bug repellent spray that we used all summer long provided another validation that using essential oils are really beneficial. I used my handmade, all-natural essential oil bug spray on my daughter all summer long and she did not have ONE bug bite. We traveled to lots of places heavy with mosquitos too! It was another amazing AH-HA moment. So this is what all these essential oil users were talking about!
I use essential oils for many preventive measures, including head lice, stress, immunity defense and nausea. I also use it for all of my cleaning products (be sure to check out this Chemical-Free Car Wash Kit!).
3 Easy DIY All-Natural Bath and Body Gift Sets
The 4 different bath products that I included in this gift set are really easy to make (even if you are just starting to use essential oils and want to make your own natural products). I made mine using 4 oz jars so there is just enough for the gift recipient to enjoy (and they will probably ask for more!). These also don’t take much time to make! You can easily make these bath products in less than a few hours and end up with 6 or more gift sets! I had a few jars left over to keep for myself 🙂
I included 3-4 different bath and body products in each gift set with 3 different scents: Lavender, Grapefruit, and Peppermint. You will find links to the recipes I used to make each one and the supplies needed to make these. If you are lucky enough to have these supplies already, you will be making these gifts for very little money 🙂 I only needed to buy the 4 oz jars and paper boxes so I spent around $14.00 to make 6 sets (or $2.30 per set) and don’t forget the extra leftover ones for myself 🙂
- Lip Balm Containers
- 4 oz Jelly Jars
- Food coloring (optional – I used a variety of gel food coloring and liquid food coloring. I used this purple food coloring for the lavender)
- Card stock (use white or another fun color) to print the free labels
- Ingredients for each essential oil recipe (beeswax, coconut oil, Epsom salt, Shea Butter, essential oils, etc)
- Paper Mache Box (I found some holiday boxes at the Dollar Tree!)
- Box filler (I shredded coordinating colored card stock to make my own paper filler – I like this shredder)
- Twine in coordinating colors (purple, orange, and red – you can usually find spools of twine for $1 at Target One Spot if you are lucky and they have these exact colors. I stock up when I come across them that cheap!)
- Kitchen appliances to make everything (microwave, mixer with a whip, mixing bowls, spatulas, etc)
Lavender Bath & Body Gift Set:
If you only use one essential oil, it should be lavender! This gift set is very feminine and since lavender is known for its relaxing effects on the body, it’s the perfect gift to someone that needs to de-stress 🙂
- Lavender Lip Balms – recipe from Simple Made Pretty
- Relaxing Bathtub Detox – recipe from Your Beauty Blog (substitute Lavender oil for Eucalyptus and use purple food coloring instead of green)
- Lavender Body Butter – recipe from Raw Mazing (substitute Lavender oil) TIP: I melted mine in a glass measuring cup in the microwave
- Relaxing Sugar Scrub – recipe from Repeat Five Times (substitute Lavender oil for Grapefruit oil)
Peppermint Bath & Body Gift Set:
The peppermint bath products in this set smell good enough to eat! Well, don’t it eat it, haha but enjoy the smell that reminds us all of Christmas… Peppermint Candy Canes! I layered the sugar scrub to resemble a candy cane too 🙂 Peppermint gives a cooling sensation and has a calming effect on the body which can relieve sore muscles!
- Peppermint Lip Balms – recipe from Simple Made Pretty
- Candy Cane Bathtub Detox – recipe from Your Beauty Blog (substitute Peppermint oil for Eucalyptus and use red food coloring instead of green)
- Peppermint Body Butter – recipe from RawMazing (substitute Peppermint oil) TIP: I melted mine in a glass measuring cup in the microwave
- Candy Cane Sugar Scrub – recipe from Repeat Five Times (substitute Peppermint oil for Grapefruit oil) I layered mine with white and red peppermint sugar scrub to resemble a candy cane 🙂
Grapefruit Bath & Body Gift Set:
Grapefruit is one of my favorite essential oils to use in bath products because it’s so invigorating! It is a stimulant, antidepressant, disinfectant , lymphatic and tonic substance. It is also known to help keep the skin clean.
- Lavender Lip Balms – recipe from Simple Made Pretty
- Relaxing Bathtub Detox – recipe from Your Beauty Blog (substitute Grapefruit oil for Eucalyptus and use orange food coloring instead of green)
- Lavender Body Butter – recipe from RawMazing (substitute Grapefruit oil) TIP: I melted mine in a glass measuring cup in the microwave
- Relaxing Sugar Scrub – recipe from Repeat Five Times
Another way to package these is to put the different scents for each product together (all the body butter in one box, etc). I came across these round holiday paper mache boxes at the Dollar Tree and they fit 3 jars perfectly! I printed the labels on brown craft paper and used brown craft paper as the filler.
Aren’t they adorable? I bet you would never guess each set was less than $2.30 each to make!
Grab the free printable Beauty gift basket labels HERE (if you are a current subscriber, please check your last email from me for the access instructions). Get your essential oils from my distributor Devin HERE and check out here blog HERE (she has tons of info about essential oils on her blog and you can connect with her there as well)
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.