Cold weather season also means cold and flu season. Have you ever received a get-well soon care package from a loved one? If so, it most likely made you feel super special that someone was thinking of you. This DIY care package is made with essential oils and all-natural ingredients. If you like making handmade gifts, use essential oils (or are thinking about using them) keep reading for how to make a DIY all-natural get well soon care package. Download the free printable labels to create an easy handmade gift!
I’m sharing this recipe because I believe everyone should try using essential oils. I used to be one of those people that thought essential oils were a joke – I thought they were used to make things smell good and that’s about it – I didn’t know they had natural healing powers and benefits or would change the way I use many products going forward.
What changed my perspective about essential oils
My friend and Young Living essential oils rep, Devin, introduced me to essential oils earlier this year. I purchased a started kit, even though I was still a non-believer of the benefits, but I was curious if all the good things everyone says about them was true.
Until one month after investing in a starter kit, my littles got the dreaded 24-hour stomach bug.
My son started vomiting in the middle of the night and I emailed Devin (she is in a different time zone than me so she was still awake, thank goodness). She suggested the oils to diffuse and other oil remedies to try. I used the methods she suggested (and only those methods) and sure enough, my son stopped vomiting 4 hours later. He woke up the next morning energetic, like nothing happened!
But I was still skeptical…I know, I know. I still wondered if it was just a fluke. Then my daughter got sick a week later -while we were on vacation at that- but I was smart enough to bring my oils with me (using this handy little travel bag). I used the same methods I did for my son and sure enough, 4 hours after the vomiting started, she was better.
I. Was. Amazed.
Another way that I found essential oils to have amazing effects was by using an essential oils bug repellent. My daughter is a magnet for mosquitos – she always had this problem since birth – mosqitos just love to bite her so much and she always had a slight reaction to mosquito bites. Her skin would swell up and it would takes days for the swelling to go down.
In the past, we tried many different chemical bug sprays and the only chemical spray that worked was OFF! Deep Woods – which I hated using because it had 25% DEET (can you believe they make a spray with 40% DEET?). I cringed having to spray her with that stuff, loaded with harmful chemicals.
The essential oils bug repellent spray that we used all summer long provided another validation that using essential oils are really beneficial. I used my handmade, all-natural essential oil bug spray on my daughter all summer long and she did not have ONE bug bite. We traveled to lots of places heavy with mosquitos too! It was another amazing AH-HA moment. So this is what all these essential oil users were talking about!
I use essential oils for many preventive measures, including head lice, stress, immunity defense and nausea. I also use it for all of my cleaning products (be sure to check out this Chemical-Free Car Wash Kit!).
Handmade Essential Oils Get Well Soon Gift Basket items:
- Peppermint Lip Balm – recipe from Simple Made Pretty
- Headache Roller Ball – recipe from Simply Stacie
- Tummy Ache Roller Ball – recipe from Redefined Mom
- Immunity Roller Ball – recipe from Living Wright
- Cold and Flu Shower Bomb – recipe from The Idea Room
- Cold and Flu Bathtub Detox – recipe from Your Beauty Blog
- Natural Vapor Rub – recipe from Wellness Mamma
- Disinfectant Spray – recipe from The Things We Make
- Natural Hand Sanitizer – recipe from Wellness Mamma
Shopping List to Make the Care Package:
- Lip Balm Containers
- Roller Ball Containers (I also use empty essential oil bottles with these snap on roller balls)
- 4 oz Jars or Cellophane Treat Bags
- 2 oz Glass Spray Bottles
- Card stock (use white or other fun colors)
- Ingredients for each essential oil recipe (beeswax, coconut oil, epsom salt, essential oils, etc)
- Paper Mache Box
- Box filler (I shredded scrap blue card stock in my paper shredder to make my own paper filler)
As I mentioned above, I re-purpose my old 5 ml Young Living essential oil bottles as roller bottles so I’ve included labels for both bottles in the free printable.
Labels Included in the Free PDF (labels have black trim/font so you can print on your desired color card stock/label paper):
- Cold and Flu Shower Bomb Labels (3)
- Cold and Flu Bathtub Detox Labels (3)
- Organic Lip Balm Labels (9)
- Natural Disinfectant Spray (3)
- Natural Hand Sanitizing Spray (3)
- All-Natural Vapor Rub Labels (3)
- Roller Ball Labels for Headache, Tummy Ache and Immunity Support (3 each)
Grab the free printable care package labels HERE (if you are a current subscriber, please check your last email from me for the access instructions). Get your essential oils from my distributor Devin HERE and check out here blog HERE (she has ton’s of info about essential oils on her blog and you can connect with her there as well)
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.