We were sucked into the Elf on the Shelf tradition in 2012 and love it when our elf, Kristopher, returns every year. Our elf rarely practices “naughty” tricks but he does make us laugh. If you have an elf, you may have noticed all the “accessories” available to purchase this year… a suitcase, clothes…he even has his own dog! Wow, talk about retailers trying to take more of your money for stuff you don’t need! Although the idea was cute, I wasn’t going to purchase those items but instead came up with my own “accessories!” These Free Printable Elf on the Shelf Super Hero Costumes work for Barbie too! Download the PDF below to make these for your Elf for FREE!
The masks and capes are a bit bigger than most Barbies, so I included smaller masks in the PDF if you are printing these for Barbie too. An idea that we plan to do is have a few barbies and the elf hanging out like a superhero get-together, lol. My kids love superheroes and although they have their favorite superhero, they will enjoy seeing the elf dressed as all of them 🙂 Best of all, you can store these flat in an envelope or plastic sleeve for next year so you are not adding more stuff to your home.
Know someone with an Elf on the Shelf? Sharing is caring!
Supplies Needed to Make Elf Super Hero Costumes:
- Free Printable (get it below)
- Lightweight White Card Stock
- Small Scissors
- Hole Puncher (optional)
- Scotch Tape
- Print the free printable file on lightweight card stock (if you print on printer paper the costumes will not be durable).
- Use small scissors to cut each one. Small scissors will be easier than a larger pair. It took me around 20 minutes to cut everything out by hand.
- Use a hole puncher to punch the eyes. This step is optional but I liked seeing the elf’s eyes through the mask. The only mask I did not punch was Iron Man.
- Place the costumes in an envelope or plastic sleeve protector until ready for use.
- Use tape to attach to your Elf or Barbie doll.
Labels included in the free printable:
- Superman Cape
- Batman Cape
- Batgirl Cape
- Wonder Woman Cape
- Masks for: Hulk, Iron Man, Wolverine, Batman, Bat Girl, Wonder Woman, Captain America, Spider-Man, and Flash
- Captain America Shield
- Flash Emblem
- Iron Man Chest Plate Emblem
Here are a few pictures of our Elf modeling the costumes. I will add pictures of him in action wearing them after this holiday season and maybe post a few on Instagram so follow me 😉 Also my elf’s hat came off half way through his photo shoot so if that happens to yours or you want to take the hat off for some of the costumes, just know that you can always glue it back on.
Batman is my son’s favorite superhero and my daughter loves female superheroes so I made a Bat Girl too.
I made the Captian America mask and felt something was missing so I added a printable shield too!
My son was Hulk this past Halloween and is going to love our Elf as Hulk.
My son was Spider-Man for Halloween when he was 1 and still loves him.
Then there’s Iron Man – I included the chest plate in the printable!
Here are a few pics of my daughter’s Barbies and Kristopher hanging out on a Christmas wreath.
If you are still thinking about doing this, just do it, you know your kids are gonna love it (and so will you)!
Does your elf do funny things during the holidays?
Grab the Free Printable Elf on the Shelf Superhero Costumes!
If you are new to the Simple Made Pretty Community, you’ll need to sign up below to gain access to my private digital resource library where I house all of my free printable crafts, decor, checklist, & more in one convenient place!
Welcome back! If you’ve already subscribed to Simple Made Pretty, just check your last email from me with the password to log into the library below (the instructions are sent in every email I send).
12/5/16 UPDATE – If you are having issues downloading the Elf printables from my digital library, please follow these instructions:
1.Go HERE to my access my library and you will see the below screen.
2. Enter the password sent in the welcome email (Please subscribe HERE if you are not a current subscriber). Please read the Directions and Tips as shown in the below picture.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see the Elf thumbnail picture.
4. Click on the PINK text under the picture which says “Elf on the Shelf Superhero Costumes (for Barbie too).” If you do not see the PINK text under the picture, please try a different browser (Chrome or Explorer).
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.