These 3 easy DIY all-natural bath and body gift sets are made with essential oils and all-natural ingredients. If you like making handmade gifts or use essential oils (or are thinking about using them) keep reading for how to make an all-natural beauty products gift set to give to loved ones (perfect for holiday gifts too!). Download the free printable labels below to create an easy handmade gift for the ladies in your life!
Disclaimer: This post is an extension of my own personal research and experience. It is not to be used in place of medical advice. The author disclaims all liability in relation to the use of this information. The statements made in this post have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration). The information in this post is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information provided in this post is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with your physician, and should not be construed as medical advice. See my full disclaimer here.
If you want to learn more about essential oils and in-depth information about using them, be sure to check out my post, 12 Details You Need to Know Before You Start Using Essential Oils.
WHERE TO BUY ESSENTIAL OILS
I only use Young Living essential oils because the quality and their method of distilling produce the best essential oils available on the market today. In fact, Young Living has a Seed to Seal guarantee that surpasses any other oil company’s guarantee of the quality and purity of their oils. Now, I don’t know about you, but I’d rather pay a little more guaranteed quality oils than paying a little less for cheap oils that may or may not provide the same benefit.
Also, Do Not Buy Young Living Essential Oils from Amazon, Ebay or other third-party sites.
The reason I only buy oils directly from Young Living is the same reason I wouldn’t buy a designer handbag from the back of a van on a street corner. It’s probably not the real thing or has been tampered with in some way. You wouldn’t want to apply or ingest an “oil” that someone put something strange in or receive a bottle of “water” instead of oil (trust me, this happens all the time!). Please don’t be the one that gets scammed by buying essential oils anywhere other than Young Living!
Now that that’s out of the way, here are few more facts & benefits that Young Living offers:
- YL offers many membership benefits, including monthly essential oils, rewards programs to earn FREE product
- Young Living is also the only essential oil company that is approved by the FDA with a special line of Vitality oils and products
- YL has 22+ years of experience and is the only oil company that owns their own farms
Signing up to become a Young Living Member is really easy!
Here are quick step-by-step instructions on how to sign up for a Young Living account and a few tips & tricks to get your FREE products!
Ready to live the essential oil lifestyle with me? YASSS! This will be one of the best things you could do for yourself right now!
To try Young Living, go here (keep reading for a special gift from me when you sign up through my link!)
Select to become a Member.
I signed up as a member so I could get the starter kit, the discount, and the option to sell the products later. Since I started using oils in March 2016, I have enjoyed tons of FREE products from being a member. I take advantage of the essential rewards where they basically give you money back to buy more products AND they send you free stuff every few months just for using the essential rewards program.
Here’s what the starter kit contains:
- Diffuser of your choice (dewdrop is pictured above and my favorite one)
- 11 different bottles of essential oil (includes their most popular oils!)
- Sample essential oils (to give to friends & family – or just keep selfishly for yourself, hehe)
- 1 roller fitment (pop this on one of the bottles for a fast roller ball bottle!)
- Literature on the oils
A Special Gift From Me
If you go through my link to sign up for a Young Living account (as a member), here’s what you get for FREE from me:
- 50 All-Natural Skin Care Solutions Using Essential Oils EBook ($17.97 value)
- Essential Oils Roller Bottle Recipes Cheat Sheet ($2.97 value)
- Printable Labels for 10ml Roller Bottle Labels for Essential Oils – 31 Printable Labels in Pink, Black, & Teal ($4.97 value)
Get everything above ($27.94 value) for FREE when you sign up through my link below! Once you’ve signed up, just send me an email with the subject line “Claiming my oil freebies” and I will send your freebies!
3 Easy DIY All-Natural Bath and Body Gift Sets
I’m sharing these recipes because I believe everyone should try using essential oils. I used to be one of those people that thought essential oils were a joke (I thought they were used to make things smell good and that’s about it). I didn’t know they support health and wellness or would change the way I use many pre-made products going forward.
WHAT CHANGED MY PERSPECTIVE ABOUT ESSENTIAL OILS
My friend and Young Living essential oils rep, Devin, introduced me to essential oils in Spring of 2016. I purchased an essential oils starter kit, even though I was still a non-believer of the benefits, but I was curious if all the good things everyone says about them was true.
One month after investing in my first essential oils starter kit, my littles got the dreaded 24-hour stomach bug.
My son started vomiting in the middle of the night and I emailed Devin (she is in a different time zone than me so she was still awake, thank goodness). She suggested diffusing certain oils and a roller ball combination to rub on his belly and bottom of his feet. I used the methods she suggested (and only those methods) and sure enough, my son stopped vomiting 4 hours later. He woke up the next morning energetic like nothing happened!
But I was still skeptical…I know, I know. I still wondered if it was just a fluke. Then my daughter got sick a week later (while we were on vacation!) but I was smart enough to bring my oils with me (using this handy little travel bag). I used the same methods I did for my son and sure enough, 4 hours after the vomiting started, she was better.
I. WAS. AMAZED.
Another way that I found essential oils to have amazing support was by using essential oils to keep the bugs away. My daughter is a magnet for mosquitos (she’s always had this problem since birth) mosquitoes just love to bite her so much and she always had a slight reaction to mosquito bites. Her skin would swell up and it would take days for the swelling to go down.
In the past, we tried many different chemical bug sprays and the only chemical spray that worked on her was OFF! Deep Woods – which I hated using because it had 25% DEET (can you believe they make a spray with 40% DEET???). I cringed having to spray her with that stuff, loaded with harmful chemicals. If you aren’t familiar with products with DEET, just to give you an idea of the harmful chemicals, the bug spray we used on our daughter has warnings that its contents are “HAZARDOUS TO HUMANS” and you must “wash clothing before wearing again” if sprayed on/near clothes.
The essential oils spray that we used all summer long provided another validation that using essential oils are really beneficial. I used handmade, all-natural essential oil bug spray on my daughter all summer long and she did not have ONE bug bite. We traveled to lots of places heavy with mosquitos too (Rotan Honduras, Mexico, and Florida)! It was another amazing AH-HA moment.
So this is what all these essential oil users were talking about!
I use essential oils for many preventive measures, including dietary, aromatic, supporting a healthy immune function, creating a soothing and relaxing atmosphere, and improving appearance for healthy looking skin. I also use it for all of my cleaning products (be sure to check out this Chemical-Free Car Wash Kit and this post with 15 Cleaning Products You Don’t Need (and what to use instead).
3 Easy DIY All-Natural Bath and Body Gift Sets
The 4 different bath products that I included in this gift set are really easy to make (even if you are just starting to use essential oils and want to make your own natural products). I made mine using 4 oz jars so there is just enough for the gift recipient to enjoy (and they will probably ask for more!). These also don’t take much time to make! You can easily make these bath products in less than a few hours and end up with 6 or more gift sets! I had a few jars left over to keep for myself 🙂
I included 3-4 different bath and body products in each gift set with 3 different scents: Lavender, Grapefruit, and Peppermint. You will find links to the recipes I used to make each one and the supplies needed to make these. If you are lucky enough to have these supplies already, you will be making these gifts for very little money 🙂 I only needed to buy the 4 oz jars and paper boxes so I spent around $14.00 to make 6 sets (or $2.30 per set) and don’t forget the extra leftover ones for myself 🙂
Supplies to make the 3 Easy DIY All-Natural Bath and Body Gift Sets:
Get everything you need to make the most out of your essential oils with these 15 Incredibly Useful Supplies for Your Essential Oils.
Get a Young Living Essential Oils Starter Kit here and message me (email@example.com) for more info on Young Living!
- Lip Balm Containers
- 4 oz Jelly Jars
- Food coloring (optional – I used a variety of gel food coloring and liquid food coloring. I used this purple food coloring for the lavender)
- Card stock (use white or another fun color) to print the free labels
- Ingredients for each essential oil recipe (beeswax, coconut oil, Epsom salt, Shea Butter, essential oils, etc)
- Paper Mache Box (I found some holiday boxes at the Dollar Tree!)
- Box filler (I shredded coordinating colored card stock to make my own paper filler – I like this shredder)
- Twine in coordinating colors (purple, orange, and red – you can usually find spools of twine for $1 at Target One Spot if you are lucky and they have these exact colors. I stock up when I come across them that cheap!)
- Kitchen appliances to make everything (microwave, mixer with a whip, mixing bowls, spatulas, etc)
Lavender Bath & Body Gift Set:
If you only use one essential oil, it should be lavender! This gift set is very feminine and since lavender is known for its relaxing effects on the body, it’s the perfect gift to someone that needs to de-stress 🙂
- Lavender Lip Balms – recipe from Simple Made Pretty
- Relaxing Bathtub Detox – recipe from Your Beauty Blog (substitute Lavender oil for Eucalyptus and use purple food coloring instead of green)
- Lavender Body Butter – recipe from Raw Mazing (substitute Lavender oil) TIP: I melted mine in a glass measuring cup in the microwave
- Relaxing Sugar Scrub – recipe from Repeat Five Times (substitute Lavender oil for Grapefruit oil)
Peppermint Bath & Body Gift Set:
The peppermint bath products in this set smell good enough to eat! Well, don’t it eat it, haha but enjoy the smell that reminds us all of Christmas… Peppermint Candy Canes! I layered the sugar scrub to resemble a candy cane too 🙂 Peppermint gives a cooling sensation and has a calming effect on the body which can relieve sore muscles!
- Peppermint Lip Balms – recipe from Simple Made Pretty
- Candy Cane Bathtub Detox – recipe from Your Beauty Blog (substitute Peppermint oil for Eucalyptus and use red food coloring instead of green)
- Peppermint Body Butter – recipe from RawMazing (substitute Peppermint oil) TIP: I melted mine in a glass measuring cup in the microwave
- Candy Cane Sugar Scrub – recipe from Repeat Five Times (substitute Peppermint oil for Grapefruit oil) I layered mine with white and red peppermint sugar scrub to resemble a candy cane 🙂
Grapefruit Bath & Body Gift Set:
Grapefruit is one of my favorite essential oils to use in bath products because it’s so invigorating! It is a stimulant, antidepressant, disinfectant , lymphatic and tonic substance. It is also known to help keep the skin clean.
- Lavender Lip Balms – recipe from Simple Made Pretty
- Relaxing Bathtub Detox – recipe from Your Beauty Blog (substitute Grapefruit oil for Eucalyptus and use orange food coloring instead of green)
- Lavender Body Butter – recipe from RawMazing (substitute Grapefruit oil) TIP: I melted mine in a glass measuring cup in the microwave
- Relaxing Sugar Scrub – recipe from Repeat Five Times
Another way to package these is to put the different scents for each product together (all the body butter in one box, etc). I came across these round holiday paper mache boxes at the Dollar Tree and they fit 3 jars perfectly! I printed the labels on brown craft paper and used brown craft paper as the filler.
Aren’t they adorable? I bet you would never guess each set was less than $2.30 each to make!
Grab the free printable Beauty gift basket labels HERE (if you are a current subscriber, please check your last email from me for the access instructions).
Want even more essential oil goodies?
Get 50 Skin Care recipes and printable labels in my eBook, 50 Easy All-Natural Skin Care Solutions Using Essential Oils.
Or sign up below and I will send you my FREE mini eBook with 5 All-Natural Skin Care Solutions Using Essential Oils with printable labels for 5 different DIY skin care solutions.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.