If you’re looking for budget-friendly barn doors to save space in your home, look no further. I conducted a month of research and installed 3 different barn doors and barn door kits in our home and found the most affordable barn door kits for the farmhouse look. Barn doors are trendy and I can see why… they help save space in your home and the effort to install and add a door to your home is minimal compared to the standard interior door with a door frame. Adding a sliding barn door to our master bedroom increased the functionality and the return on investment for our home.
This shop has been compensated by Smart Standard. All opinions are mine alone.
The previous owners of our house had installed the master bedroom closet door inside the frame (so the door opened inward, rather than outward) and we could never fully close the door because our clothes would catch when trying to close it! However, the reason why the door was installed to open inward was the lack of space in the bedroom (it was impossible to install a traditional door any other way). I knew that removing the “traditional” closet door and installing a sliding barn door was the best option to make the closet look and feel better.
Updating the closet door with a sliding barn door made our closet more functional and increased the space in our home. After we installed the sliding barn door and barn door hardware to our master bedroom closet door, we could finally close the door!
How Much Does a Barn Door Cost?
The cost os a barn door depends on how handy you are. If you are experienced with wood-working tools, then you can build your own. If you have no tools and don’t want to try building a barn door, then purchasing a barn door is probably the best way to go. This barn door is well priced and available to ship from Amazon.
Where To Find Interior Sliding Barn Doors For Sale
Amazon has several options for Interior Sliding Barn Doors but I prefer to buy interior barn doors and barn door hardware from Smart Standard. We have the Solid Cypress Wood Panelled sliding barn door on our master bedroom closet and it was a great price compared to barn doors at Lowes or barn doors at Home Depot. The Smart Standard 36-inch ready-to-assemble sliding barn door was easy to put together and the wood is natural so you can stain the door or paint it white.
The Smart Standard K-shape single sliding barn door is a #1 Best Seller on Amazon and I can see why!
- You can’t beat the price! I looked at sliding barn doors for a month and Smart Standard offers the best price.
- High-Quality Cypress Wood. The door is heavy-duty hard-wood. The quality is impeccable and looks great.
- Easy to Install. We assembled and installed the barn door in less than 30 minutes.
Where To Find Barn Doors Hardware
I found the best barn door hardware on Amazon at Smart Standard. We used the Smart Standard 8-foot heavy duty double barn door hardware to create a privacy door in our living room and office and it was easy to install and affordable.
For our single barn door in our master bedroom closet, we used the Smart Standard 36-inch Solid Cypress Wood Panelled sliding barn door. –>>GET 20% OFF this barn door at checkout using Coupon Code LSX8Z7G3. This DIY barn door looks rustic, is easy to install, and is a great price. This door was extremely affordable and convenient. I was able to put it together in about 30 minutes and had it stained the same day. This door is solid and heavy hardwood. I would recommend this over buying an already assembled door for $300+ because the Smart Standard doors are better quality than what you get in the big box stores.
This hardware works best with the sliding barn door that we used.
Budget-Friendly Barn Doors For The Farmhouse Look
Single Barn Door
This is the Interior Sliding Barn Door that we have on our closet door. This door is easy to install and a great price compared to other barn doors.
Here are more details about this Budget-Friendly Sliding Barn Door:
- NATURAL CYPRESS WOOD: Cypress wood surface texture is beautiful, the surface of the wood has a glossy feeling. It is good material with a delicate texture and natural fragrance, not easy to be rotten, but also has good toughness, flexibility, durability, sound insulation, heat insulation, and deodorization. Glue and paint coloring performance is good, not split when nailing.
- DIMENSION: Width: 36″, Height: 84″, Thickness: 1 3/8″, Solid core thick: 1/2″. The door can be flipped in either direction. The bottom of the door had been a pre-made groove for the floor guide. / WEIGHT: 50lbs.
- EASY INSTALLATION: The barn door is pre-drilled and ready for installation. All wood panels are mitered for a snug fit. It makes it easy for construction and a vertical panel style wood barn door. The tools you need are screwdriver and hammer.
- DIY YOUR HOUSE: The SmartStandard solid wood barn door is a perfect match with your bedroom, dressing room, kitchen and locker room. You can also paint it in different colors you want to suit your home decor. Versatile Style!
- PACKAGE INCLUDED: All screws included along with pre-drilled screw holes wood panels and detailed instruction ensuring ease of assembly. (Sliding Door Hardware is not Included).
How To Build Barn Doors
Smart Standard includes instructions for all of their barn doors and their customer service is great if you need help assembling and building the barn door or installing hardware. You can easily send them a message if you have any questions before ordering!
Here are some basic instructions and pictures showing how we built this sliding barn door in less than 30 minutes.
- Carefully unpackage the contents and follow the instructions. If you’ve ever built any Ikea furniture, this process is very similar!
- Follow the instructions, to build the frame of the door.
- Add the planks to the inside of the door.
- Follow the instructions to attach everything together.
- Add the “K” design to the center on both sides.
- Attach the door to the sliding barn door hardware. This hardware works with the door pictured.
- Paint or stain the wood. I stained our door using my favorite wood stain color, Briarsmoke.
- Enjoy your new beautiful barn door!
Finding the best sliding barn door and barn door hardware can be frustrating because there are so many options available. The barn doors at Lowes and barn doors at Home Depot can be over-priced and you are limited with options. You’ll find the best quality interior barn doors and barn door kits at Smart Standard and they include instructions on how to make a barn door so you can easily have a DIY rustic barn door to update your home.
Pin it for later…
You might also like…
Psssssttt…Right now I’m offering FREE access to our Digital Resource Library to all of our newsletter subscribers. Your private access includes dozens of free printable crafts, home decor and organization guides. Hurry up and grab your freebies here! (Access instructions are sent after subscribing).
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.