Essential Oils Lip Balm DIY
If you are looking for an easy beauty DIY lip balm recipe or handmade gift idea, you must try making all-natural lip balm with essential oils. Try making lip balm with or without essential oils. You can make a non-scented lip balm using the same organic ingredients included in the essential oils lip balm recipe. I included 3 different essential oil lip balm flavors. Download the free printable lip balm labels below to make a super cute gift! Watch the How-to video below to learn How to Make Lip Balm at Home with Natural Ingredients.
Disclaimer: This post is an extension of my own personal research and experience. It is not to be used in place of medical advice. The author disclaims all liability in relation to the use of this information. The statements made in this post have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration). The information in this post is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information provided in this post is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with your physician, and should not be construed as medical advice. See my full disclaimer here.
WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL OILS
It’s okay if you aren’t entirely sure what essential oils are and their purpose – I didn’t either until 2016, however, I wish I knew about them 20 years ago!
Essential Oils are natural oils extracted from plants and trees. From Young Living’s Website: “Extracted through careful steam distillation, resin tapping, and cold pressing, the purest essential oils are far more powerful than the botanical from which they come.
Essential oils have enhanced lives for thousands of years, offering a variety of benefits from cosmetic and dietary purposes to spiritual and religious use.”
You can use essential oils topically, inhale them, or ingest them. When applied topically, the oils travel through your bloodstream and every cell in your body in about 20 minutes.
You can inhale essential oils by diffusing them or simply inhaling directly from the bottle. Some oils can be ingested by adding a few drops to beverages, food or in a capsule. I’ve personally experienced major positive health changes by ingesting essential oils after discovering I had an overactive thyroid and Graves Disease.
DIY All-Natural Lip Balm
Get everything you need to make the most out of your essential oils with these 15 Incredibly Useful Supplies for Your Essential Oils.
Get a Young Living Essential Oils Starter Kit here and message me (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info on Young Living!
- 1.5 tbs Pure Beeswax Pellets (this large bag will help produce lots of lip balm!)
- 10 Lip Balm Containers
- 2.5 tbs Organic Coconut Oil
- 12 drops (or more for stronger) Essential Oils of your choice (go here to get oils)
- Free Printable Labels (below)
- Card stock (I used white and craft) or Full-Sheet Labels
- Melt oil and beeswax together in microwave until liquefied.
- Add essential oils to the mix.
- Fill lip balm containers (I used a baby medicine syringe). Tip: try to be fast while filling the containers. You don’t want the mixture to solidify while you are filling the containers 🙂
- Let cool until set.
- Print and cut the lip balm labels (I used white card stock and craft card stock but you can you full sheet white labels for easier application).
- Attach labels to lip balm containers. If using card stock like I did, use double-sided tape or scotch tape to attach the label ends together.
The Free Printable Lip Balm Label PDF includes:
- Grapefruit and Orange Labels (3)
- Peppermint and Lemon Labels (3)
- Lemon and Lavender Labels (3)
- Organic Lip Balm Labels (9) – these are white, you must print on brown craft paper to get the brown labels pictured below
Lemon and Lavender
Grapefruit and Orange
Peppermint and Lemon
You can also make these without essential oils (or use the below printable label for other combinations)
I included “Made with all-natural ingredients” on each label as well.
These all-natural lip balms would make a great gift to anyone. I plan to give these to everyone for the holidays (Friends, family, teachers, neighbors, our USPS delivery guy, etc). I’ll probably come up with another fabulous printable freebie to use as gift with these lip balms so be sure to subscribe to my posts!
Grab the Free Printable Lip Balm Labels!
If you are new to the Simple Made Pretty Community, you’ll need to sign up below to gain access to my private digital resource library where I house all of my free printable crafts, decor, checklist, & more in one convenient place!
Welcome back! If you’ve already subscribed to Simple Made Pretty, just check your last email from me with the password to log into the library below (the instructions are sent in every email I send).
Watch the How-To Video to make the DIY Lip Balm:
WHERE TO BUY ESSENTIAL OILS
I only use Young Living essential oils because of the quality and their method of distilling produce the best essential oils available on the market today. In fact, Young Living has a Seed to Seal guarantee that surpasses any other oil company’s guarantee of the quality and purity of their oils. Now, I don’t know about you, but I’d rather pay a little more guaranteed quality oils than paying a little less for cheap oils that may or may not provide the same benefit.
Also, Do Not Buy Young Living Essential Oils from Amazon, eBay or other third-party sites.
The reason I only buy oils directly from Young Living is the same reason I wouldn’t buy a designer handbag from the back of a van on a street corner. It’s probably not the real thing or has been tampered with in some way. You wouldn’t want to apply or ingest an “oil” that someone put something strange in or receive a bottle of “water” instead of oil (trust me, this happens all the time!). Please don’t be the one that gets scammed by buying essential oils anywhere other than Young Living!
Now that that’s out of the way, here are few more facts & benefits that Young Living offers:
- YL offers many membership benefits, including monthly essential oils, rewards programs to earn FREE product
- Young Living is also the only essential oil company that is approved by the FDA with a special line of Vitality oils and products
- YL has 22+ years of experience and is the only oil company that owns their own farms
Signing up to become a Young Living Member is really easy!
Here are quick step-by-step instructions on how to sign up for a Young Living account and a few tips & tricks to get your FREE products!
To try Young Living, go here (keep reading for a special gift from me when you sign up through my link!)
Select to become a Member.
I signed up as a member so I could get the starter kit, the discount, and the option to sell the products later. Since I started using oils in March 2016, I have enjoyed tons of FREE products from being a member.
I take advantage of the essential rewards where they basically give you money back to buy more products AND they send you free stuff every few months just for using the essential rewards program.
Here’s what the starter kit contains:
- A diffuser of your choice (dewdrop is pictured above and my favorite one)
- 11 different bottles of essential oil (includes their most popular oils!)
- Sample essential oils (to give to friends & family – or just keep selfishly for yourself, hehe)
- 1 roller fitment (pop this on one of the bottles for a fast roller ball bottle!)
- Literature on the oils
A Special Gift From Me
If you go through my link to sign up for a Young Living account (as a member), here’s what you get for FREE from me:
- 50 All-Natural Skin Care Solutions Using Essential Oils EBook ($17.97 value)
- Essential Oils Roller Bottle Recipes Cheat Sheet ($2.97 value)
- Printable Labels for 10ml Roller Bottle Labels for Essential Oils – 31 Printable Labels in Pink, Black, & Teal ($4.97 value)
Get everything above ($27.94 value) for FREE when you sign up through my link below! Once you’ve signed up, just send me an email with the subject line “Claiming my oil freebies” and I will send your freebies!
Let me know in the comments if you are excited to make these candles or if are an essential oils beginner and need more tips 😉
Want even more essential oil goodies?
Get 50 Skin Care recipes and printable labels in my eBook, 50 Easy All-Natural Skin Care Solutions Using Essential Oils.
Or sign up below and I will send you my FREE mini eBook with 5 All-Natural Skin Care Solutions Using Essential Oils with printable labels for 5 different DIY skin care solutions.
GET YOUR ESSENTIAL OILS HERE AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT USING THEM! FOR MORE INFO, SEE MY ESSENTIAL OILS POSTS HERE 🙂
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.