This DIY Christmas Card Display Holder not only looks cute but functions are a way to keep the clutter off your counters and display your holiday cards during Christmas! Keep reading and watch the video for how to make this fun Merry Mail board!
If you ever wanted a simple best way to display Christmas cards, you will love this DIY tutorial and How to display Christmas cards! This is one of my favorite Christmas card display ideas! I love unpacking this Christmas card display holder every year and adding the pretty cards we receive every Christmas.
This Christmas card display holder was made using scrap wood and other materials on-hand so it really didn’t cost me anything to make myself. I also used my Cricut Explore machine to cut the vinyl “Merry Mail” text and Star image.
The burlap fabric is from burlapfabric.com (Use code SMPRETTY5OFF to get $5 off your purchase!) and I created pockets on the board to hold holiday cards. I also found some mini Christmas clips at Target’s One Spot to clip cards to the fabric. It’s the most genius Christmas Card Display Holder ever!
How to make the DIY Christmas Card Display Holder:
- Scrap wood board (any size)
- Burlap Fabric (less than 1 yard, depending on the size of your board)
- Staple Gun
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Stencil or Vinyl Letters (optional – I used my Cricut to make vinyl letters)
1.Prep your board (sand, paint, etc) if necessary.
2. Measure the fabric against the board and cut to size. You will want at least 1-inch overhang on each side.
3. Cut the fabric into several strips (around 7 inches in height). My board was short in height so I only needed 4 strips. If you have a longer/narrow board, you will need more strips.
4. Iron the fabric to remove any wrinkles.
5. Iron a fold at the top and bottom of each strip of fabric.
6. Layer the fabric strips over the board to create “pockets” and attach to the back of the board using a staple gun from top to bottom.
7. Attach vinyl letters or stencil a message at the top (my board says “Merry Mail”)
8. Attach wall hangers to the back to hang
9. Add clothespins or clips as another way to hang or display cards (the chalkboard tree clips shown are from Target’s One Spot).
Control the Christmas card clutter with this easy DIY Christmas Card Display Holder. Layer burlap fabric strips to create pockets to hold your Christmas cards that can be used for years to come! This Merry Mail sign is fun and adds the perfect Farmhouse style to your home decor while creating an organized way to display Christmas Cards!
Watch the How-To Video:
Pin it for later…
You might also like…
Psssssttt…Right now I’m offering FREE access to our Digital Resource Library to all of our newsletter subscribers. Your private access includes dozens of free printable crafts, home decor and organization guides. Hurry up and grab your freebies here! (Access instructions are sent after subscribing).
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.