Felt decorations have been everywhere this holiday season (check out this DIY felt Christmas Tree for the kids). So I decided to try making a garland that resembled large colorful Christmas lights using felt. I used my Cricut Maker machine to do the cutting for me, but you can easily make this DIY Felt Christmas Lights Garland Decor by cutting by hand. Download the free template to make it below!
DIY Felt Christmas Lights Garland Decor
- Felt in various colors (I used Red, Blue, Orange, Yellow, Green, and Black)
- Thread in coordinating colors
- Free printable template
- Cricut Maker machine (optional)
- Sewing Machine
- Stuffing (pillow stuffing or batting will do)
Directions (watch the video below for in-depth instructions):
- Cut the Christmas light shapes. You need a front, back, and the top.
- Sew the bottom of the lights together, then stuff.
- Sew the black pieces to the top of each light.
- Cut strips of black felt and sew the ends together to make one long “ribbon.”
- String the black felt “ribbon” through the opening at the top of each light to create your garland.
- Sew the top of the lights closed and to the black felt “ribbon.”
- Hang and enjoy!
You can make your felt Christmas light garland as long or as short as you like. I made 2 of each color and created a garland long enough to hang over a mirror or small tree.
This DIY Felt Christmas light garland is an easy project that can be done in no time with a Cricut Maker machine. Go here to learn more about Cricut products and get a machine today! If you don’t have a Cricut machine, download the free template and trace over felt to cut by hand!
Watch the How-To Video:
Grab the DIY Felt Christmas Lights Garland template free printable!
(You can download the template to cut by hand or upload to Cricut Design Space to cut with a Cricut Explore, Air, or Maker machine)
If you are new to the Simple Made Pretty Community, you’ll need to sign up below to gain access to my private digital resource library where I house all of my free printable crafts, decor, checklists, & more in one convenient place!
Welcome back! If you’ve already subscribed to Simple Made Pretty, just check your last email from me with the password to log into the library below (the instructions are sent in every email I send).
All free printables are for personal use only. Pinning is always welcome and appreciated!
Pin it for later…
You might also like…
Psssssttt…Right now I’m offering FREE access to our Digital Resource Library to all of our newsletter subscribers. Your private access includes dozens of free printable crafts, home decor and organization guides. Hurry up and grab your freebies here! (Access instructions are sent after subscribing).
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.