These DIY mini pine cone wreaths are perfect to add to your fall and holiday home decor. They were so easy to make and were completely free! I had a few readers ask for a tutorial since posting a few pics of these in my Fall Home Tour post so here you go!
- Pine Cones
- Scissors/Exacto Knife
- Glue Gun
- Chipboard (or a cereal box)
- Medium and Small Bowls
- Collect pine cones from your back yard, nearby park or pick some up from your local craft store (or try these mini ones).
- If you have larger pine cones, you will need to get them in half. This gets messy so do this step outside if possible. You need a durable pair of scissors to cut them in half as well.
- Set the pine cones aside.
- Take the medium-sized bowl and use it as a template to trace around on the chipboard. Use the small bowl to trace a circle inside the larger circle on the chipboard. I used my Cricut Explore for this step for a faster DIY.
- Cut out your circles using scissors or an exacto knife (this will be your “wreath”).
- Arrange the pine cones around the chipboard wreath and use your glue gun to glue them to the chipboard.
- Use twine/ribbon to hang.
I planned to hang these in our living room windows, however they looked odd in my large window since they are mini wreaths. I ended up hanging them over our white kitchen cabinets.
A few other ideas for using these mini wreaths in your home:
- Use as a Fall/Thanksgiving centerpiece
- Use as favors to give to Thanksgiving guests or other Fall events
- Hang in any room of your home for decor (bathroom, bedrooms, etc)
- “Bleach” the pine cones for hanging on dark wood cabinets
- Add a red bow and some greenery for a holiday wreath
Psssssttt… Want more inspiration delivered directly to your inbox? Subscribe to our FREE weekly newsletter! We provide simple ideas for Organizing, Time Management, Handmade Projects, Crafts, Home Decor and more! Hurry up and sign up here!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.