Looking for a fun Fall craft and Thanksgiving favor idea? These Fall party poppers are perfect for your Thanksgiving celebrations! I recently came across some fun Fall scrapbooking paper at my local craft supply store that was only $5 so I decided to create some fun Thanksgiving favors using the cardstock. I ended up with these pretty DIY Thanksgiving Party Popper favors and blessings cards to create a fun table setting for adults and kids! Watch the video and the tutorial below to see how cheap and easy these are to make yourself!
These party poppers add the perfect amount of pretty decor to your table setting and also create a fun game for kids and adults because they have Thanksgiving jokes inside. Download the Free Printable Thanksgiving jokes so you can easily cut them out and include in your party poppers! Get access to the free printable below.
This was the first time I’ve made party poppers using cardstock for the wrapping (they are usually made with tissue paper) but you can see in the video how I was able to manipulate the paper to “twist” the ends.
I also included a tutorial on how to make some “thankful” or “blessings” cards to include in your Thanksgiving celebrations. Our Thanksgiving family tradition is to go around the table and everyone has a chance to say something they are thankful for. These note cards make it easy to write down your thoughts or use in a fun game!
These also make a wonderful hostess gift! They fit perfectly in a shoebox (mine is from a craft supply store) to make a cute package for a Thanksgiving or Fall/Winter hostess gift idea.
DIY Thanksgiving Party Popper Favors
- Fall Scrapbooking Paper Pad
- Double-sided Tape
- Toilet Paper Rolls or Craft Rolls
- Fun items to stuff inside (candy, jokes, confetti)
- Cut the Thanksgiving jokes (if using) into strips, fold and place aside.
- Cut the scrapbook cardstock pages with the tags and cards out and set aside (see the video for more instruction).
- Take a 12 x 12 piece of cardstock and measure a 12 x 7-inch rectangle and cut (save both sides of the paper).
- Measure your toilet paper roll on the 12 x 7-inch piece of paper to fit in the center (should be 3.5 inches from each side (this is where you will fold).
- Measure another inch on the outside of those lines on both side (this is where you will fold).
- Then measure 1-inch marks on the inside of those lines (this is where you will cut).
- Fold on the long lines, then use a box cutter to cut the 1-inch lines in the center. You will create an accordion-like fold to make the paper easy to manipulate and “twist.”
- Use the remaining paper that you set aside to cut a backing for the thankful cards.
- Cut the tip of 1 balloon and attach to the end of the toilet paper roll.
- Use the remaining paper to wrap around the toilet paper to disguise the balloon and roll. Use double-sided tape to attach.
- Stuff the goodies inside.
- Use double-sided tape to roll the party popper “cover” around the popper.
- Wrap the ribbon around the folded/cut part of the paper (it should fold easily but if not, gently manipulate it till it does).
- Add one of the tags to the front and you are done!
This is such a fun dollar store DIY party decor idea! These DIY party poppers were perfect for our Thanksgiving Fall table decorations and were also a fun Thanksgiving activity for families, kids, and adults! Make sure to download the Free printable Thanksgiving jokes to make several of these Thanksgiving favors for your Fall Tablescape!
Watch the How-To Video:
Grab the Thanksgiving Jokes free printable!
If you are new to the Simple Made Pretty Community, you’ll need to sign up below to gain access to my private digital resource library where I house all of my free printable crafts, decor, checklists, & more in one convenient place!
Welcome back! If you’ve already subscribed to Simple Made Pretty, just check your last email from me with the password to log into the library below (the instructions are sent in every email I send).
All free printables are for personal use only. Pinning is always welcome and appreciated!
Pin it for later…
You might also like…
Psssssttt…Right now I’m offering FREE access to our Digital Resource Library to all of our newsletter subscribers. Your private access includes dozens of free printable crafts, home decor and organization guides. Hurry up and grab your freebies here! (Access instructions are sent after subscribing).
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.