We were sucked into the Christmas Elf tradition in 2012 and love it when our elf, Kristopher, returns every year. Our elf rarely practices “naughty” tricks but he does make us laugh. If you have a Christmas elf, you may have noticed all the Elf ideas on the internet and that’s why I came up with these printable costumes for any Christmas Elf and Barbie dolls. Download the PDF below to make these Elf & Barbie Superhero Costumes!
The masks and capes are a bit bigger than most Barbies, so I included smaller masks in the PDF if you are printing these for Barbie too. An idea that we plan to do is have a few barbies and the elf hanging out like a superhero get-together, lol. My kids love superheroes and although they have their favorite superhero, they will enjoy seeing the elf dressed as all of them 🙂 Best of all, you can store these flat in an envelope or plastic sleeve for next year so you are not adding more stuff to your home.
Know someone with an Elf? Sharing is caring!
Supplies Needed to Make Elf Super Hero Costumes:
- Free Printable (get it below)
- Lightweight White Card Stock
- Small Scissors
- Hole Puncher (optional)
- Scotch Tape
- Print the free printable file on lightweight cardstock (if you print on printer paper the costumes will not be durable).
- Use small scissors to cut each one. Small scissors will be easier than a larger pair. It took me around 20 minutes to cut everything out by hand.
- Use a hole puncher to punch the eyes. This step is optional but I liked seeing the elf’s eyes through the mask. The only mask I did not punch was Iron Man.
- Place the costumes in an envelope or plastic sleeve protector until ready for use.
- Use tape to attach to your Elf or Barbie doll.
Here are a few pictures of our Elf modeling the costumes. Also, our elf’s hat came off halfway through his photo shoot so if that happens to yours or you want to take the hat off for some of the costumes, just know that you can always glue it back on.
Batman is my son’s favorite superhero and my daughter loves female superheroes so I made a Bat Girl too.
I made the Captian America mask and felt something was missing so I added a printable shield too!
My son was Hulk this past Halloween and is going to love our Elf as Hulk.
My son was Spider-Man for Halloween when he was 1 and still loves him.
Then there’s Iron Man – I included the chest plate in the printable!
Here are a few pics of my daughter’s Barbies and Kristopher hanging out on a Christmas wreath.
If you are still thinking about doing this, just do it, you know your kids are gonna love it (and so will you)!
Does your elf do funny things during the holidays?
Grab the Free Printable Elf Superhero Costumes
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.