Have you seen those funny and unique welcome mats on the Internet lately? If so, I bet you’ve already done your research to see how much they cost ($25-$40 for a special order on Etsy!). These welcome mats are super easy to DIY and personalize with your own creative design (while saving money) and I’ll show you how in this post. This Fall Welcome Door Mat With Free SVG File is also an easy way to update your front door decor for Fall!
You’ll need a Cricut Explore or Silhouette cutting machine to make this project. Just upload the SVG or PNG in the program you use (I use Cricut Design Space), size, cut, and apply!
If you don’t have a cutting machine, you can use an alphabet stencil found at your local craft store to create a similar design.
How to make the Fall Welcome Door Mat With Free SVG File:
- Cricut Explore/Silhouette cutting machine
- SVG file (get it free below or design your own)
- Heavy Cardstock (any color – this will be your stencil)
- Plain Doormat (these are a reader favorite!)
- Fabric Paint (this paint is the best for this project)
- Stencil brush
- Painters Tape
- Gather supplies.
- Download the SVG file and upload to Cricut Design Space.
- Size the image depending on the size of your doormat. If you purchase the one above, mine was sized 19.5″ x 9.7″.
- Weed the image.
- Arrange the image on the doormat using painters tape to secure.
- Use paint and stencil brush to paint inside the image.
- Peel off the vinyl stencil to reveal the finished project.
- Let dry for 24-48 hours before placing outside (in case it rains – fabric paint needs time to dry completly before becoming waterproof).
This Fall Welcome Door Mat will surprise your guests while personalizing your home decor. I can’t wait to try more designs for upcoming holidays and share them on Instagram!
Grab the Free SVG File!
If you are new to the Simple Made Pretty Community, you’ll need to sign up below to gain access to my private digital resource library where I house all of my free printable crafts, decor, checklist, & more in one convenient place!
Welcome back! If you’ve already subscribed to Simple Made Pretty, just check your last email from me with the password to log into the library below (the instructions are sent in every email I send).
Pin it for later…
You might also like…
Psssssttt…Right now I’m offering FREE access to our Digital Resource Library to all of our newsletter subscribers. Your private access includes dozens of free printable crafts, home decor and organization guides. Hurry up and grab your freebies here! (Access instructions are sent after subscribing).
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.