This dessert recipe helped me win my hubby’s heart – literally! When I first met my hubby, I asked his best friend what his favorite dessert was so I could make it for him – you know the saying, “a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach?” Well, I wanted to test this theory and found out that he loved key lime pie. I never made key lime pie and found a simple recipe that did not require baking and took a stab at it. I modified the recipe a bit and it turned out awesome! To my surprise, he said it was the best key lime pie he’s ever had! If you need a quick and delicious dessert, try this!
This pie has been my go-to recipe if I need to whip up a quick dessert for a gathering or potluck and it’s ALWAYS a hit! Everyone always asks for the recipe – so here it is! I also entered this pie in an office pie-making contest and won! So I can claim this as an “award-winning” pie 🙂
No Bake Key Lime Pie
- 1 prepared 9-inch graham cracker crust make it or buy it pre-made
- 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of lime juice fresh is best but bottled works
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice fresh is best but bottled works
- 1 teaspoon of grated lime or lemon peel
- 2 cups of frozen whipped topping make it or buy it pre-made
- 2-3 lime slices optional for garnish
- Mix the milk, juices and peel in a bowl (my trick is to use half lemon, half lime so it's not so tart ;)). Mix well - the mixture should get back to a thick consistency.
- Pour contents into the pie shell.
- Add whipped topping to the pie, garnish (optional) and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
Mix the milk, juices and peel in a bowl (my trick is to use half lemon, half lime so it’s not so tart ;)). Mix well – the mixture should get back to a thick consistency. My 5-year old helped make this pie pictured below!
Pour contents into the pie shell.
Add whipped topping to the pie, garnish (optional) and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
This is probably one of the easiest no-bake pie recipes and is always a hit at events! Try making this quick and delicious dessert for your next BBQ, holiday event or family gathering – you won’t be disappointed!
Psssssttt…Right now I’m offering FREE access to our Digital Resource Library to all of our newsletter subscribers. Your private access includes dozens of free printable crafts, home decor and organization guides. Hurry up and snag access here! (Access instructions are sent after subscribing)
If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider sharing so others may enjoy it. Sharing buttons are below!
(Disclaimer: Affiliate links are included in this post. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information).