Today I’m sharing this cute and functional over-the-door organizer that I made using Dollar Tree supplies. I shared this over the door organizer shown in our pantry on Instagram and YouTube recently and I knew it would be pretty popular (because I was also in love with how it turned out!) so I wanted to share this tutorial on my blog as well. This back of the door storage organizer is made with Dollar Tree supplies. I’m also giving my readers some FREE Printable Pantry labels and Blank Labels in this post! Keep reading to learn how to make this Over The Door Organizer Dollar Tree DIY!
–>>This post on Instagram has been very popular with my readers and shows how to make a large over-the-door organizer!
Everything you need to make this over the door hanger can be found at Dollar Tree (minus the glue, which can be found at Michael’s or Hobby Lobby). I made one mug rack with $12 in supplies. You can make this over the door organizer with 4 ros of hooks or 5 rows of hooks. Which size you make will depend on the look you are going for (if you like more space between your mugs to hang large items, etc). You will get more bang for your buck with the rack with 5 rows though (to fit 5 baskets).
My inspiration to make this over-the-door organizer came from a previous Dollar Tree DIY…this Mug Rack! I wanted more storage options in our tiny pantry so I came up with this over the door storage as a solution. Actually, I made an extra mug rack so I ended up repurposing one of my mug racks into this over the door rack. I added some Dollar Tree baskets and ended up with this awesome home organizer!
One more thing…before I could make this back of the door organizer, we had to turn our Bifold pantry door into a single door. It was really easy to turn a bifold door into a single door! We took things a step further and added plywood to the front so it looks like a barn door. I gotta say, I’m pretty impressed with the results and our kitchen looks 10 times better with this door!
Check out the BEFORE picture of our kitchen and Pantry Door…
Here is the AFTER picture…
Want to see my latest DIY videos in Real Time? Follow me on Instagram and YouTube!
I post lots of “tasty” style videos on my Instagram account… just because it’s easier to share in real time.
So if you want to be the first to know about my latest and greatest DIY’s and more, I highly encourage you to follow me on Instagram. If you don’t have an Instagram account, it’s really easy to set one up and in my opinion, it’s easier to use than Facebook 😂
I’m including a quick video below but if you want a detailed video with tips on how to make this over the door rack you can watch my YouTube video here.
Let’s get started so you can see how easy and affordable it is to make these mug racks!
How To Make The Dollar Tree Over The Door Organizer:
- 2 Mop/Broom handles from Dollar Tree
- 4-5 Over-the-Door Hooks from Dollar Tree
- Black Zip Ties (use white if you are not painting your rack)
- E6000 Glue
- Carbon Mist Metallic Spray Paint (optional)
- Gather Supplies.
- Take apart the mop/broom so you only have the pole left. I chose a mop so I could use the sponge head for cleaning later.
- Use pliers to bend the BOTTOM hooks on the top row of hooks only. You want the hooks that touch the left and right pole to be flat. Leave the other hooks on the first row alone. Use a hammer to flatten as best as possible.
- Start gluing and zip tieing one side of the rack first (don’t do both sides otherwise both poles will be rolling all over the place, lol). Glue the TOP ROW pieces that you bent flat to the Back Side of the poles.
- Glue the remaining rows to the front of the poles. Use 2 zip ties to hold in place.
- Repeat the above step until one side is complete, then complete the other side.
- Once the glue and zip ties are applied, you can spray paint (in my opinion it looks better black)! I used carbon mist metallic spray paint. If you decide to leave it white, then I suggest using white or clear zipties.
- Let the paint dry and hang using the top over the door hooks.
Over The Door Organizer Dollar Tree DIY
I hope you enjoy making this over-the-door organizer using Dollar Tree supplies! Be sure to check out my MUG RACK DIY that uses a similar design!
Did you make this over the door storage rack or a similar one? I would love to see it! Send me a picture on Facebook, Instagram, or email and I’ll share with my followers 🙂
Watch the Quick How-To Video:
Want to see more Dollar Tree DIY videos?
–>>Subscribe to my YouTube channel here!🎥
Check out my YouTube channel with these popular DIY Dollar Store Farmhouse Decorations!
Download the Free Printable Labels…
Pin it for later…
You might also like…
Psssssttt…Right now I’m offering FREE access to our Digital Resource Library to all of our newsletter subscribers. Your private access includes dozens of free printable crafts, home decor and organization guides. Hurry up and grab your freebies here! (Access instructions are sent after subscribing).
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.