Get ready for the July 4th holiday with some fun DIY decorating ideas. I’m sharing how we decorated our living room with some fun patriotic flair that is perfect for your Independence Day celebration. This DIY patriotic gallery wall art home decor with free printables can be used indoors or outdoors and is quick and easy to put together for your July 4th events.
Below is a BEFORE picture of our living room gallery wall – I like to keep it neutral unless I’m decorating for a fun holiday like Christmas and now July 4th. It’s so easy to change your existing wall art with free printables or paper crafts. The only thing I spent money on to recreate this wall for July 4th was $3 for a canvas art panel.
I started by changing out the framed artwork with patriotic subway art and an “I Heart USA” bunting (which is FREE to print below!)
I made this 3D star striped canvas to replace the 3D flower canvas.
You can make this 3D Star Striped Canvas in 4 easy steps:
- Art Canvas (mine is 11 x 14)
- Painters tape
- Red Paint ( I love this brand since you can use it on everything)
- Blue Card Stock
- Double-Sided Tape or Craft Glue
- Use painters tape to create the stripes on the canvas
- Paint exposed stripes red
- Remove the painters tape immediately and let dry
- Cut a large star from the blue card stock and score (fold) down the center of each corner to create a 3D shape. Attach to the canvas using double sided tape or glue
I also replaced the “H” washi tape canvas and by removing the “H” and adding red, white and blue hearts with a black hearts as a background.
You can make this Red, White and Blue Heart Canvas in 4 easy steps:
- Canvas (mine is 11 x 14)
- Washi Tape
- Red, White, Blue and Black Card Stock
- Double-Sided Tape or Craft Glue, Mod podge
- Use the washi tape to create the stripes on the canvas (you may need some mod podge to glue secure the tape to the canvas)
- Cut a heart shape from each of the red, white and blue card stock
- Cut 3 black heart shapes slightly larger than the red, white and blue hearts
- Attach to the canvas using double sided tape or glue
I made a USA flag die cut using my Cricut Explore and attached to the tan canvas in the middle of the wall. The deer head is red on one side and gray on the other – I made it that way so I could change it every season 😉
I also made the pillows on the sofa using painter’s tape and fabric paint. The covers are from Ikea. Check out my post on Smart Party Planning with a tutorial on how to make these pillow covers!
Phew… it seems like a lot doesn’t it? But it really didn’t take long to put together, once you have the materials, you can complete this DIY Patriotic Gallery wall art home decor with free printables project in 1- 2 hours. Keep everything for next year instead of buying home decor since you can use these outdoors or anywhere in your home!
Do you decorate your home with red, white and blue for the 4th of July?
Grab the Free Printable July 4th Decor!
If you are new to the Simple Made Pretty Community, you’ll need to sign up below to gain access to my private digital resource library where I house all of my free printable crafts, decor, checklist, & more in one convenient place!
Welcome back! If you’ve already subscribed to Simple Made Pretty, just check your last email from me with the password to log into the library below (the instructions are sent in every email I send).
Psssssttt…Right now I’m offering FREE access to our Digital Resource Library to all of our newsletter subscribers. Your private access includes dozens of free printable crafts, home decor and organization guides. Hurry up and grab your freebies here! (Access instructions are sent after subscribing).
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.