If you are into the buffalo plaid trend as much as everyone else (and me, hehe) and you love Dollar Store Craft Ideas, then you are going to love this tutorial on how to make these DIY Dollar Store Buffalo Plaid Vases! Stop by your local Dollar Tree or pick up the supplies online and you can make this #5minutecraft to instantly update your home decor this Fall and Winter. I’ve also included a video to show you how fast you can make this craft!
I just love DIY Dollar Store Crafts, don’t you? I used a glass vase from the dollar store and a candle jar (from Grove Collaborative) to make a smaller “vase.” Just make sure that whatever cylinder you use has a flat surface all the way down.
Use the vases to make your own candles (I love DIY Soy Candles!) or place your favorite Fall flowers inside. These vases also look nice without anything in them 🙂
Pair the vases with my Free Printable Buffalo Plaid Banner to create fun Fall decor in your home for easy Dollar Store Christmas crafts.
You can also use a different print or color. I plan to make these for Christmas with red and black buffalo plaid! Watch the video below for more how-to instructions.
How to make the DIY Buffalo Check And Burlap Fabric Garland:
- Buffalo Plaid Wrapping Paper or Cardstock (mine was from Target last year but I found this one that’s very similar)
- Double-sided Tape
- Glass Vase (these are the ones I like to use) or glass candle (I got mine from here)
- Gather supplies. Make sure your vase is flat on all sides, otherwise you will have bunching in the paper. These vases are perfect to make this craft.
- Place the vase on the paper to determine the size sheet you need to cut. Leave about 1 inch on each side that you will fold.
- Cut to size.
- Measure the vase along the paper and fold each side to make it the same size as the vase. Trim access paper.
- Apply double sided tape along the top and both sides of the paper. I did not apply tape to the bottom.
- Place the vase over the paper so the tape sticks to the vase.
- Roll the vase around the paper and press firmly to secure.
This DIY Dollar Store Buffalo Check Vase is an easy 5-minute craft project and will instantly update your Fall and Winter Home Decor. Use this tutorial with other paper colors to decorate any room in your home! I would love to try bright plaid colors (like teal or pink) with this craft!
Did you make this vase or a similar one? I would love to see yours! Send me a picture on Facebook, Instagram, or email and I’ll share with my followers 🙂
Watch the How-To Video…
Pin it for later…
You might also like…
Psssssttt…Right now I’m offering FREE access to our Digital Resource Library to all of our newsletter subscribers. Your private access includes dozens of free printable crafts, home decor and organization guides. Hurry up and grab your freebies here! (Access instructions are sent after subscribing).
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.